No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
First Aid Certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Specific Skills
- Remove existing floor coverings and contaminants; Prepare floors for installations; Prepare and install hardwood floors; Perform direct glue-down carpet installations; Perform double-bond carpet installations; Measure, cut and fasten underlay and underpadding; Measure, cut and install carpeting on floors; Measure, cut and install resilient floor coverings; Install materials on counter tops and raised platforms; Install outdoor carpets; Install resilient stair components (special effects for the visually impaired); Install vinyl decking materials; Install carpeting on walls or other surfaces; Employ knee kickers and other equipment to stretch carpeting; Conduct moisture, ph, temperature and other tests prior to flooring installations; Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings; Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Additional Skills
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Work Setting
- Security and Safety
- Work Site Environment
- Odours; Dusty
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Hand-eye co-ordination; Ability to distinguish between colours; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Installation Specialization
- Vinyl or resilient tiles; Marble tiles; Linoleum; Ceramic tiles; Carpets/rugs; Hardwood strip flooring
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Client focus; Organized
- Other benefits
- Free parking available; Transportation provided by employer; Parking available
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
Free parking available, Transportation provided by employer, Parking available
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.