Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base; Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles; Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered; Cut, surface, polish and install marble and granite; Align and straighten tiles; Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel; Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools; Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout; Install tile strips
- Additional Skills
- Prepare rough plans and sketches; Estimate costs and materials
- Work Setting
- Residential; Commercial
- Work Site Environment
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Ability to distinguish between colours; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Large workload
- Personal Suitability
- Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?; Are you currently a student?; What is your current level of study?; What is your current field of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?; Are you available for the advertised start date?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.