College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
First Aid Certificate; CPR Certificate
Experience an asset
- Early Childhood Educator Assistant Skills
- Bathe, diaper and feed infants and toddlers; Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children; Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts; Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Children's Ages
- Up to 12 years
- Additional Skills
- Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties; Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records
- Work Setting
- Child care centre
- Security and Safety
- Immunization records; Vulnerable sector check
- Work Site Environment
- Noisy; Non-smoking; Air conditioned
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Dependability; Values and ethics; Reliability
- Early Childhood Educators Specific Skills
- Knowledge of licensing regulations; Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children; Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits; Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Students
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.