No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
First Aid Certificate
1 to less than 7 months
- Specific Skills
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites; Mix, pour and spread materials; Load, unload and transport construction materials; Level earth to fine grade specifications; Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks shoring and barricades; Direct traffic at or near construction sites; Assist heavy equipment operators; Assist in demolishing buildings; Assist in framing houses, erecting walls and building roofs; Clean and pile salvaged materials; Read and interpret blueprints
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Sledgehammer; Pumpcretes; Jackhammers; Concrete saws; Concrete vibrators; Bobcats; Circular saws; Nail guns; Forklift
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots; Hard hat; Safety vest
- Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces; Outdoors; At heights; Dusty
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Reliability
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Dental plan; Vision care benefits; Paramedical services coverage
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you currently a student?; Are you available for the advertised start date?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
Health care plan, Dental plan, Vision care benefits, Paramedical services coverage
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Students, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.