College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
First Aid Certificate; CPR Certificate; Health Care Aide Certificate
- Specific Skills
- Bathe, dress and groom patients; Answer call signals; Administer first aid in emergency situations; Accompany patients on outside recreational activities and perform other duties related to patient care and comfort
- Additional Skills
- Serve meal trays and feed patients; Make beds and maintain patients' rooms; Deliver messages, reports, requisitions and specimens between departments
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Nursing home/home for the aged
- Security and Safety
- Immunization records; Tuberculosis test; Criminal record check
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Ability to distinguish between colours; Walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Client focus; Interpersonal awareness; Dependability; Organized
- Other benefits
- Free parking available
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Are you currently a student?; What is your current field of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment; Part time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Students, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.