construction operations manager
Posted on May 31, 2022
BAYLINK NETWORKS INC
We are currently searching for a Construction Operations Manager to join our team in Port Coquitlam. We are looking for someone self-motivated, who has strong leadership skills and wants to work in a collaborative team environment to advance our projects at Baylink Networks. The qualified candidate will provide leadership, planning, and management for the safe, on-time and on-budget construction of Baylink Networks? projects. We are looking for a loyal, detail-oriented individual to lead, coordinate and oversee our projects, from planning to execution, while working with various teams and stakeholders. Though we need a strong project leader, we also very much value the insight and contributions of all members of the Baylink Team and are looking for a Construction Operations Manager who does too. As our Construction Operations Manager, you will strive to achieve excellence and make your mark on a company and industry that is truly unique!
*The Company *
Baylink Networks is a Canadian construction company that specializes in marine fibre-optic cable. We are based in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia and we are rapidly growing! Our mission is to connect rural communities to high-speed internet. Our current project is working on the coast of B.C., building landing sites in remote locations ? check out the connectedcoast.ca website for more information.
Our diverse team hails from many different countries, including Central & South America, Asia, Europe, and Canada. This broad range of experience and backgrounds provides us with the unique opportunity to draw upon best practices from across the globe.
_Please DO NOT apply if you do not live in British Columbia. This job is not available for sponsorship. You must be able to work the majority of your week in our Port Coquitlam office. _
*Key Responsibilities: *
* Oversee daily project activities to ensure projects move forward on schedule and budget.
* Manage complex projects including estimating, scheduling, coordination, materials and supplies, equipment maintenance, deadlines, and deliverables.
* Organize pre-construction planning and logistics.
* Collaborate with internal teams including engineers, technicians, and field workers.
* Communicate clearly and regularly with clients and stakeholders.
* Balance and coordinate project efforts across multiple concurrent activities & teams.
* Analyze data and prepare/maintain reports and records related to the work.
* Work with the Safety Coordinator and the Field Construction Manager to ensure employees & subcontractors follow safe work practices, complete safety documentation, and wear appropriate PPE.
* Assist with budgets and monitoring costs associated with the project and may occasionally procure goods and services related to the project.
* Maintain knowledge of Company values and assist in creating a strategic plan.
* Other tasks as agreed upon by the group of Managers or assigned by the Supervisor.
*The successful candidate should have: *
* 10+ years of construction management experience.
* P.Eng. Designation (preferred) and/or PMP certification applicants will be given preference.
* Knowledge of construction documentation and project management, including scheduling, contracts, costs, and budgets is required.
* Knowledge of fibre-optic network infrastructure is an asset.
* Knowledge of BC?s coast is preferred.
* Ability to lead and inspire.
* Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to perform all duties with minimal supervision, with effective verbal and written communication.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts, including engaging with the public positively and professionally.
* Flexible self-starting and willing to work in a variety of capacities to get the job done.
* Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
* Ability to effectively use Microsoft 365 including Outlook, Teams, Word, and Exc
LocationPort Coquitlam, BC
Salary$90,000 to $115,000YEAR annually
Terms of employment
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content.