Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Food Safety Certificate; Smart Serve
1 year to less than 2 years
- Food and Beverage Serving Skills
- Advise on menu selections; Serve food and beverages; Present bills to customers and accept payment in cash, credit or debit cards, travellers cheques or room billings; Order and maintain inventory of wines and wine glassware; Describe menu items including daily specials for customers; Take orders and relay to kitchen and bar staff; Greet patrons, present menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Point of sale system
- Additional Skills
- Address customers' complaints or concerns; Train staff; Supervise other servers and bussing staff; Enforce provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations; Clear and clean tables, trays and chairs; Balance cash and record sales; Must be of legal age to mix and serve alcoholic beverages; Provide customer service; Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Weight Handling
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs); Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Overtime required
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Reliability; Organized
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.