English or French
Registered Apprenticeship certificate
or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Safe Food Handling certificate; Food Safety Certificate; Cook Trade Certification
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food; Supervise kitchen staff and helpers; Inspect kitchens and food service areas; Clean kitchen and work areas; Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment; Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods; Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Cuisine Specialties
- Mexican; Gluten-free; Caribbean and Latin American cuisine
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Overtime required
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; What is your current field of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Students, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.