English or French
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
First Aid Certificate; CPR Certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Experience with Special Needs Children
- Children with behavioural issues; Children with allergies; Children with asthma
- Early Childhood Educator Assistant Skills
- Bathe, diaper and feed infants and toddlers; Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children; Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts; Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods; Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors
- Children's Ages
- 5 years; 1 year; 2 years; 3 years; 4 years
- Additional Skills
- Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties; Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records; Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children; Plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours; Storytelling
- Work Setting
- Child care centre
- Security and Safety
- Medical exam; Immunization records; Tuberculosis test; Criminal record check; Vulnerable sector check
- Work Site Environment
- Non-smoking; Air conditioned
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Ability to Supervise
- 5-10 people
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Interpersonal awareness; Dependability; Values and ethics; Reliability; Punctuality
- Early Childhood Educators Specific Skills
- Establish guidelines for behaviour; Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children; Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest; provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity; Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits; Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor; Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children; Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members; Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Other benefits
- Free parking available; Learning/training paid by employer
- Screening questions
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; What is your current field of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
Free parking available, Learning/training paid by employer
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Students, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.