Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Specific Skills
- Address customers' complaints or concerns; Recruit, train and supervise staff; Participate in marketing plans and implementation; Negotiate with clients for catering or use of facilities; Monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices; Ensure health and safety regulations are followed; Develop, implement and analyze budgets; Provide customer service; Negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies; Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance; Determine type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures; Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Budgetary Responsibility
- $100,001 - $500,000
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Spreadsheet; MS Windows; MS Word; Electronic cash register; Point of sale system; MS Office
- Additional Skills
- Enforce provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations; Cost products and services; Conduct performance reviews; Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms; Organize and maintain inventory
- Security and Safety
- Basic security clearance
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Tight deadlines; Overtime required
- Ability to Supervise
- 5-10 people
- Work Location Information
- Urban area; Willing to relocate; Relocation costs covered by employer
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Dependability; Reliability; Organized
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.