No degree, certificate or diploma
7 months to less than 1 year
- Specific Skills
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food; Supervise kitchen staff and helpers; Organize and manage buffets and banquets; Order supplies and equipment; Manage kitchen operations; Inspect kitchens and food service areas; Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef; Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment; Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods; Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Cook Categories
- Prep cook
- Cuisine Specialties
- Vegetarian; East Indian; South Indian
- Additional Skills
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Work Setting
- Restaurant; Catering firm
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Overtime required
- Work Location Information
- Urban area; Willing to relocate; Relocation costs covered by employer
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Dependability; Organized
- Health benefits
- Health care plan
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?; Are you currently a student?; What is your current field of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?; Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.