Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Developmental services worker¿(DSW)¿Training
7 months to less than 1 year
- Specific Skills
- Obtain information and prepare reports or case histories; Appraise clients' needs or eligibility for specific services; Assess client's relevant skill strengths and development needs; Resolve conflict situations; Supervise children's visits with parents to ensure their safety; Develop service intervention logic models and outcome measures; Maintain program statistics for purposes of evaluation and research; Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of treatment programs; Screen, recruit and train volunteers and support staff; Develop, co-ordinate and implement the delivery of specific services within the community; Assist clients/guests with special needs; Liaise with other social services agencies and health care providers involved with clients; Accompany clients to appointments and social outings
- Additional Skills
- Administrative and office activities
- Work Setting
- Social assistance office; Social service or charity agency
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Own vehicle
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure
- Type of Community or Social Service
- Corrections; Personal and social adjustment and health (substance abuse, gambling, behaviour disorders)
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Judgement
- Other benefits
- Free parking available; Team building opportunities; Parking available
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you currently a student?; What is your current field of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
Free parking available, Team building opportunities, Parking available
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Students, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.