On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
First Aid Certificate; CPR Certificate; Personal Support Worker Certificate; Health Care Aide Certificate; Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Certificate; Community disability studies Certificate; Behaviour management Certification; Developmental services worker¿(DSW)¿Training; Geriatric Certificate; Intensive behavioural intervention Certification; Understanding and managing aggressive behaviour (UMAB) course
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Shop for food and household supplies; Provide personal care; Provide companionship; Prepare and serve nutritious meals; Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties; Launder clothing and household linens; Administer bedside and personal care; Feed or assist in feeding; Administer medications; Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk; Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Experience with Special Needs Children
- Assistance with mobility
- Target Audience
- Adults; Terminally ill; Elderly; Convalescent; Persons with physical disabilities; Persons with mental health disabilities; Persons with an intellectual disability; Persons with a disability; Females; Persons with Alzheimer's disease
- Security and Safety
- Bondable; Driver's validity licence check; Driving record check (abstract); Medical exam; Immunization records; Tuberculosis test; Criminal record check; Adult Abuse Registry; Vulnerable sector check
- Work Site Environment
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Standing for extended periods
- Work Location Information
- Rural area; Staff accommodation provided; Urban area; Remote location
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability; Organized; Punctuality
- Workplace information
- On the road job
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you currently a student?; What is your current level of study?; What is your current field of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?; Are you available for the advertised start date?; Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.