On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Driver's License (Class 1 or A); Class 1/1F/A Licence (semi trailer trucks)
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Perform preventive maintenance; Receive and relay information to central dispatch; Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo; Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment; Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption; Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check; Driving record check (abstract); Drug test; Criminal record check; Valid passport
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Willing to travel overnight; Valid driver's licence
- Type of Trucking and Equipment
- Transportation/Travel Experience
- Local; Provincial/territorial; Long-haul
- Workplace information
- On the road job
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada, Students, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.