College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Dental Hygienists Licensure by the appropriate provincial or territorial governing body
Experience an asset
- Dental Hygienist Specific Skills
- Administer local anesthetics; Take, develop and mount X-rays; Remove stains and deposits from teeth; Instruct patients regarding oral hygiene; Conduct initial dental assessments and consult with dentists on patient care; Clean and stimulate the gums to prevent gum disease; Apply fluoride treatment
- Dental Therapist Specific Skills
- Administer local anesthetics; Take, develop and mount X-rays; Remove stains and deposits from teeth; Instruct patients regarding oral hygiene; Conduct initial dental assessments and consult with dentists on patient care; Apply fluoride treatment
- Work Setting
- Dental practice
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Sitting; Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Interpersonal awareness
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Dental plan; Vision care benefits; Paramedical services coverage
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits; Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you currently a student?; Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
Health care plan, Dental plan, Vision care benefits, Paramedical services coverage
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Students
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.