No degree, certificate or diploma
- Specific Skills
- Address customers' complaints or concerns; Prepare and submit reports; Ensure food service and quality control
- Counter Attendant and Food Preparer Skills
- Use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs; Take customers' orders; Stock refrigerators and salad bars; Serve customers at counters or buffet tables; Portion and wrap foods; Package take-out food; Keep records of the quantities of food used; Prepare, heat and finish simple food items
- Dishwashing Skills
- Scour pots and pans; Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand; Clean and sanitize items such as dishwasher mats, carts and waste disposal units; Operate dishwashers to wash dishes, glassware and flatware; Place dishes in storage area
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Electronic cash register; Conventional oven
- Area of Work Experience
- Weight Handling
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Food service establishment; Fast food outlet or concession; Coffee shop
- Workers Supervised
- Food service counter attendants and food preparers
- Security and Safety
- Work Site Environment
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Standing for extended periods; Walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Reliability
- Kitchen Helpers Skills
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash; Handle and store cleaning products; Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment; Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
- Food Service Helpers Specific Skills
- Replenish condiments and other supplies at tables and serving areas; Load buspans and trays; Clear and clean tables, trays and chairs; Bring clean dishes, flatware and other items to serving areas and set tables
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Dental plan; Vision care benefits
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits; Life insurance; Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP); Maternity and parental benefits
- Other benefits
- Free parking available; Learning/training paid by employer
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you currently a student?; What is your current level of study?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
Jobs for Ukraine
This employer has selected to promote this job through "Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
Health care plan, Dental plan, Vision care benefits
Free parking available, Learning/training paid by employer
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP), Maternity and parental benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.