or equivalent experience
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Work with other disciplines; Estimate cost of projects and prepare detailed specifications; Create interior spaces that reflect clients' needs and tastes; Consult with clients to determine needs, preferences, safety requirements and purpose of space; Develop detailed plans and 3-D models showing arrangement of walls, dividers, displays, lighting and other fixtures; Develop plans, elevations, cross sections and detailed drawings; Advise on selection of colours, finishes and materials, lighting, furniture and other items, taking into account ergonomic and occupational health standards
- Other Languages
- Cantonese; Mandarin
- Computer Experience
- MS Excel; MS Word; 20/20 design
- Additional Skills
- Supervise staff or team; Read blueprint, schemas and drawings; Manage business or office
- Area of Specialization
- Trade fairs and exhibitions; Retail business; Residential; Kitchen; Interior design (general); Construction; Architectural design; Flooring; Hotel and catering industry
- Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check; Basic security clearance
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Computer; Cellular phone
- Work Samples
- Portfolio; Design sample
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own vehicle; Willing to travel; Valid driver's licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Ability to distinguish between colours; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- On-site customer service
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Client focus; Organized
- Financial benefits
- Other benefits
- Free parking available; Team building opportunities
- Screening questions
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
Free parking available, Team building opportunities
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada, Students, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.