On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Provincial or Territorial Commercial Vehicle licence (Class 4 or E); Class 1/1F/A Licence (semi trailer trucks); Class 2/2F/C Licence (buses with more than passengers); Class 4/4F/F/4A-B-C Licence (ambulances, emergency vehicles and buses with fewer than 24 passengers)
2 years to less than 3 years
- Additional Skills
- Take vehicle for servicing; Clean and make minor repairs to vehicle; Assist clients/guests with special needs; Provide pick up and delivery services on request
- Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check; Driving record check (abstract); Eligible for professional liability insurance; Criminal record check
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Cellular phone
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Driver's abstract; Vehicle supplied by employer; Valid driver's licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; 20/20 vision; Attention to detail; Ability to distinguish between colours; Sitting
- Taxicab, Limousine Drivers and Chauffeurs' Skills
- Record transactions; Provide basic tourist information; Perform personal and business errands for employers; Drive business or government personnel to and from destinations; Drive employers (including family members) to and from destination; Collect fare; Assist passengers with luggage and in boarding vehicles; Attend to complaints or difficult passengers; Pick up passengers and drive them to destinations
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
- Workplace information
- On the road job
- Other benefits
- Free parking available; Parking available
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Are you currently a student?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
Free parking available, Parking available
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.