No degree, certificate or diploma
7 months to less than 1 year
- Specific Skills
- Take, cancel and change room reservations; Register arriving guests and assign rooms; Provide information on hotel facilities and services; Process group arrivals and departures; Process guests' departures, calculate charges and receive payments; Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties; Investigate and resolve complaints and claims; Exchange foreign currency; Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms; Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages; Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying); Provide general information about points of interest in the area; Follow emergency and safety procedures; Handle wake-up calls; Provide customer service; Assist clients/guests with special needs; Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Word processing software; Spreadsheet; Multi-line switchboard; Internet; Central reservation system (CRS); Computerized bookkeeping system
- Work Setting
- Hospitality industry; Hotel, motel, resort
- Security and Safety
- Credit check; Criminal record check
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Own vehicle; Valid driver's licence; Travel expenses not paid by employer; Public transportation is not available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods
- Work Location Information
- Staff accommodation available; Willing to relocate; Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Disability benefits; Dental plan; Vision care benefits
- Financial benefits
- Bonus; Gratuities
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits; Other benefits
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?; Are you currently a student?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?; Are you available for the advertised start date?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan, Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Other benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Students, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.