Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Hair Styling Techniques
- Permanents; Iron waving/curling; Extensions; Twisting; Locking; Relaxing; Spiking; Roller setting; Pin curls; Blow drying; Hair braiding
- Additional Skills
- Supervise apprentices/students in training; Shampoo customers' hair; Perform receptionist duties; Maintain and order supplies; Book appointments
- Work Setting
- Barbershop or hairstyling salon/studio
- Work Site Environment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods
- Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Client focus; Dependability
- Hairstylist Specific Skills
- Suggest hair style compatible with client's physical features or determine style from client's instructions and preferences; Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair; Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
- Barber Specific Skills
- Provide other hair treatment, such as waving, straightening and tinting and also provide scalp conditioning massages; Cut and trim hair according to client's instructions or preferences
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.