No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
First Aid Certificate; Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate; CPR Certificate; Child development supervisor (ECE level 3); Child development worker (ECE level 2); Member of the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE); Emergency child care first aid and CPR
1 year to less than 2 years
- Security and Safety
- Medical exam; Immunization records; Tuberculosis test; Criminal record check; Basic security clearance
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Dependability; Reliability
- Early Childhood Educators Specific Skills
- Knowledge of Day Nurseries Act; Knowledge of licensing regulations; Establish guidelines for behaviour; Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children; Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest; provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity; Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits; Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor; Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children; Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members; Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Disability benefits; Dental plan; Vision care benefits; Paramedical services coverage
- Financial benefits
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Other benefits
- Parking available
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you currently a student?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for the advertised start date?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan, Vision care benefits, Paramedical services coverage
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Students
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.