Other trades certificate or diploma
or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
5th Period Apprentice; 4th Period Apprentice; 1st Period Apprentice; 2nd Period Apprentice; 3rd Period Apprentice; Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate; Ozone Depletion Prevention (ODP) Certificate; Occupational Health and Safety Certificate; Working at heights training
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Handle, recover and store refrigerants; Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other work units; Ensure health and safety regulations are followed; Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components; Read and interpret blueprints; Install, troubleshoot, repair and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems; Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity; Start up system and test for leaks using testing devices; Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing; Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation or heat pump systems
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Systems
- Ventilation; Heat pump; Filtration; Built up (split system); Cooling tower; Humidification and de-humidification system; Rooftop (self-contained)
- Security and Safety
- Bondable; Driving record check (abstract); Criminal record check; Basic security clearance
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Tools; Steel-toed safety boots; Hard hat; Safety glasses/goggles; Gloves
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; At heights; Wet/damp; Noisy; Odours; Dusty; Hot; Cold/refrigerated
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Valid driver's licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability; Organized; Punctuality
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Dental plan; Vision care benefits
- Financial benefits
- Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; What is your current field of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
Health care plan, Dental plan, Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Students
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.