College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Dental Hygienists Licensure by the appropriate provincial or territorial governing body
1 to less than 7 months
- Dental Hygienist Specific Skills
- Administer local anesthetics; Take dental impressions; Take, develop and mount X-rays; Remove stains and deposits from teeth; Perform restorative and orthodontic procedures under the direction of a dentist; Instruct patients regarding oral hygiene; Conduct initial dental assessments and consult with dentists on patient care; Clean and stimulate the gums to prevent gum disease; Apply and remove temporary dressings; Apply fluoride treatment
- Dental Therapist Specific Skills
- Administer local anesthetics; Take dental impressions; Take, develop and mount X-rays; Remove stains and deposits from teeth; Instruct patients regarding oral hygiene; Conduct initial dental assessments and consult with dentists on patient care; Apply fluoride treatment
- Work Setting
- Dental practice
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Sitting; Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus
- Health benefits
- Dental plan
- Financial benefits
- Piece work
- Other benefits
- Free parking available; Team building opportunities
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?; Are you available for the advertised start date?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment; Part time enrollment
Free parking available, Team building opportunities
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Students
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.