College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks and computer workstations and peripheral equipment; Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software and operating system software; Provide problem-solving services to network users; Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations; Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade Web-server hardware and software
- Work Setting
- School or educational institution/establishment
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Computer and Technology Knowledge
- MS Windows; Internet; MAC; Networking software; Networking hardware; Networking security; Software development; Website creation and management software; MS Office; Desktop applications
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Judgement; Organized
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Students, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.