On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Remove existing floor coverings and contaminants; Prepare floors for installations; Prepare and install hardwood floors; Perform direct glue-down carpet installations; Perform double-bond carpet installations; Measure, cut and fasten underlay and underpadding; Measure, cut and install carpeting on floors; Measure, cut and install resilient floor coverings; Install materials on counter tops and raised platforms; Install outdoor carpets; Install resilient stair components (special effects for the visually impaired); Install vinyl decking materials; Install carpeting on walls or other surfaces; Employ knee kickers and other equipment to stretch carpeting; Conduct moisture, ph, temperature and other tests prior to flooring installations; Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings; Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Work Setting
- Residential; Commercial
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Work Site Environment
- Odours; Dusty
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own vehicle; Valid driver's licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding; Hand-eye co-ordination; Ability to distinguish between colours; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- On-site customer service; Work in employer's/client's home; Various locations
- Installation Specialization
- Vinyl or resilient sheets; Vinyl or resilient tiles; Linoleum; Carpets/rugs; Hardwood strip flooring
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Client focus; Judgement; Organized
- Workplace information
- On the road job
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Disability benefits; Dental plan; Vision care benefits; Paramedical services coverage
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits; Life insurance
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
Jobs for Ukraine
This employer has selected to promote this job through "Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan, Vision care benefits, Paramedical services coverage
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Life insurance
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Students
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.