Title posted on indeed.com -
Security Guard - Uniform and Tactical
Posted on June 16, 2022
BLACKBIRD SECURITY INC.
Blackbird Security Inc is a quickly-growing company currently looking to hire *Uniformed Security Guards/Tactical Guards* in *Edmonton, AB*.
Blackbird is a fast-growing company and has built a reputation for excellence by setting the standards for superior performance and excellent customer service. We are committed to bettering the community by providing excellent security services which fit the unique needs of our clients and the communities we serve. Our company provides security services to a wide range of clients all over the country including retail stores, high end retail sites, warehouses, corporate offices, construction sites, campuses, municipal offices and many more.
*Why work with Blackbird?*
With Blackbird, you would have an opportunity to grow your career and be part of a fast growing national security company, with the potential for great career advancements. We also offer competitive wages and flexible working schedules.
As a Uniformed Security Guard/ Tactical Guard you will be responsible for ensuring the safety and protection of a company's employees, visitors, and associated property. You will be tasked with patrolling a designated area, responding to safety and security threats, and establishing a security presence.
*DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Maintaining safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel
* Patrol designated areas in accordance with outlined security procedures
* Complete incident reports and required documentation for all security incidents
* Identify potential security risks and respond accordingly
* Ability to stand or foot patrol for 8 hours
* Ability to escort trespassers away from client premises
* Defuse potentially volatile situations and intervene when necessary
* Respond to emergencies and incidents within designated areas promptly and according to policy
* Escalate emergency situations to law enforcement as needed
* Providing great customer service to clients, tenants, and patrons
* Identify, monitor and approach subjects who may have unpaid merchandise
* Document theft and other security violations
* Ability to respond well to emergency situations
* Ability to work without close supervision
*QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS*
* Valid Security License
* Experience with arrests and detaining shoplifters preferred
* Knowledge of all 5 steps to an arrest/detainment of a shoplifter
* Must be willing and comfortable to stop theft
* Must be willing to stand for 8 hours
* Valid Driver's license and own vehicle is an asset
* Previous experience in security is an asset.
* Must be proficient in the English language, spoken, written, and via electronics
* Superior observational skills
* Willingness to attend meeting and trainings to improve skills
* Knowledgeable on safety processes and procedures
*We thank you for your interest in this position, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We look forward to connecting with you soon!*
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.00-$19.00 per hour
* Security: 1 year (preferred)
* Security Guard Licence (required)
* Driving Licence (preferred)
* Day Shift (required)
Salary$16.00 to $19.00HOUR hourly
Terms of employment
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content.