College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
CPR Certificate; Mental health first aid Certificate
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Provide personal care; Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties; Change non-sterile dressings; Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Cuisine Specialties
- Cantonese cuisine; Vietnamese cuisine; South Indian
- Weight Handling
- Between 61 and 80 kg (133-176 lbs)
- Security and Safety
- Bondable; Immunization records; Criminal record check; Reference required; Vulnerable sector check
- Work Site Environment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Willing to travel cross-border; Travel expenses not paid by employer; Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Sitting; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home; Urban area
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability; Organized; Punctuality
- Financial benefits
- Other benefits
- Free parking available
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; What is your current level of study?; What is your current field of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for the advertised start date?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Students
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.