No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Prepare special orders; Inspect kitchen and food service areas; Frost and decorate cakes and baked goods; Ensure that the quality of products meets established standards; Bake mixed dough and batters; Prepare dough for pies, bread, rolls and sweet goods, batters for muffins, cookies and cakes and icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders; Operate machinery
- Additional Skills
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies; Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances; Organize and maintain inventory; Oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods
- Work Setting
- Supermarket or bakery department; Large volume bakery; Bake shop; Café
- Security and Safety
- Bondable; Basic security clearance
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods
- Work Location Information
- In shop
- Food Specialties
- Wedding and specialty cakes; Desserts and pastries; Cake decorating; Breads and rolls
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Dependability; Reliability; Organized
- Student status
- Part time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Students, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.