Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
- Specific Skills
- Shape, lace and tie roasts, other meats, poultry and seafood; Remove bones from meat; Prepare special orders; Grind meats; Cut poultry into parts; Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat; Cut carcasses, sides and quarters
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Slicing machine; Power grinder; Manual cutting utensil; Band saw
- Additional Skills
- Wrap and package prepared meats; Weigh meats for sale; Train meat cutters; Price meat products; Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting; Supervise other butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers
- Work Setting
- Wholesalers; Meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment
- Work Site Environment
- Odours; Cold/refrigerated
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods
- Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate; Relocation costs covered by employer
- Personal Suitability
- Accurate; Team player; Dependability; Reliability; Organized
- Student status
- Full time enrollment
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.