On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
5th Period Apprentice; 4th Period Apprentice; Plumber Red Seal Certificate; Working at heights training
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing; Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size; Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems; Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems; Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors; Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings; Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment; Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Work Setting
- Residential; Commercial
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Tools; Safety equipment/gear; Steel-toed safety boots; Hard hat
- Workplace information
- On the road job
- Screening questions
- What is your current level of study?; What is your current field of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.