English or French
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Tend to emotional well-being of children; Take children to and from school and to appointments; Supervise and care for children; Sterilize bottles, prepare formulas and change diapers for infants; Prepare and serve nutritious meals; Organize, activities such as games and outings for children; Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home; Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children; Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development; Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents; Bathe, dress and feed infants and children; Prepare infants and children for rest periods; Help children with homework
- Children's Ages
- Toddler to pre-school (1 - 3 years); Kindergarten age (4 - 5 years)
- Additional Skills
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties; Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Work Setting
- Employer's home
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check; Reference required
- Work Site Environment
- Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; What is your current level of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?; Are you available for the advertised start date?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.