Degree in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine or optometry
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Licensure by provincial or territorial authorities; Membership in the Canadian Association of Optometrists (CAO)
- Specific Skills
- Refer patients to ophthalmologists or other physicians and surgeons when ocular or other diseases are found; Prescribe and fit eyeglasses and contact lenses and counsel on use and care; Prescribe treatment to conserve, improve and correct vision and other ocular disorders; Examine patients' eyes, conduct tests and use specialized instruments to determine visual efficiency
- Work Setting
- Private practice
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Attention to detail
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Interpersonal awareness; Dependability; Values and ethics; Reliability
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.