Title posted on indeed.com -
Security Guard (Part Time Weekends)
Posted on June 21, 2022
St. Andrew's College
_Founded in 1899, St. Andrew?s College (SAC) is an independent, all-boys university preparatory school for Grades 5-12. Located 40 minutes north of Toronto, SAC?s 126-acre campus is home to a mix of 650 boarding and day students from 25 countries. As set out in our mission statement, SAC?s rigorous academic program is complemented by a wide range of co-curricular activities designed to develop ?the complete man and well-rounded citizen.? All boys participate in the extensive athletic program (71 teams across 22 sports) and the 116-year-old Cadet Corps. Graduates gain entry to top universities in Canada, the U.S., and abroad and are part of a network of 6,000 Old Boys around the world. To find out more, visit our website at __www.sac.on.ca_
*SECURITY GUARD - Part-Time*
We invite applications for a part-time opportunity at St. Andrew's College in the role of *SECURITY GUARD. *At St. Andrew?s College the safety and security of the school community, school campus and facilities is paramount.
The primary responsibilities of a Security Guard include:
* Regularly patrol campus on-foot and in vehicle and report any issues
* Liaise with local EMS and police services
* Ensure the security of buildings and maintain a log
* Question trespassers and conduct regular parking control measures
We seek candidates with the following credentials:
* Valid Ontario Security License
* Ability to deal with crisis situations as they arise
* Confidentiality and diplomacy are of paramount importance
* Requires considerable walking and climbing stairs throughout campus
* Class G driver?s license is necessary
* AED/CPR level C and First Aid certification
* A minimum completion of secondary school education
* A current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check
* Candidates must be fully vaccinated
Employees at St. Andrew?s College bring passion, innovation and expertise to their practice while espousing our core values of accountability, courage, integrity, creativity, respect, empathy, and resilience.
The part-time Security Guard will work in a small team environment. Flexibility to work weekends and evenings for a minimum of 3 shifts per month is required.
To express interest in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume by referencing the position title _Security Guard _in the subject line of your email.
_St. Andrew?s College has long been committed to ensuring our boys learn how to engage appropriately with others in the community so that they can develop healthy, meaningful, and sustained human relationships. Our policies and programs speak to the necessity for schools to be inclusive and to enact proactive approaches to interrelationships. As an employer we model and value equity, diversity, and inclusivity. By extension, we are __committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation through the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at 905-727-2580._
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
* Overtime pay
* Discounted or free food
* On-site parking
* 8 hour shift
* Evening shift
* Weekend availability
Vaccination requirement for all staff and students
* security: 1 year (preferred)
* Security License (required)
Terms of employment
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content.