Posted on September 07, 2022
DrugSmart Pharmacy is a group of independently owned pharmacies driven to provide its customers with the highest level of customer service and care. Our knowledgeable pharmacy team is dedicated to providing the most up-to-date medical advice while ensuring that our customers receive a comfortable and pleasant pharmacy experience. At DrugSmart Pharmacy we are committed to providing our customers with the help they need to reach their health and wellness goals.
Our core values and what it means To Be DSP:
*Transparent. *Be open, be kind, be honest, own it. *Bright. *Be positive, be creative, be innovative. *Driven.* Change is good. Growth is necessary. Start each day with the goal of being better than yesterday. *Service above all else.* Be a champion for your customers and your colleagues. *Pride.* Your role has impact. Be proud of your contribution.
_For more information on our pharmacies, please visit __www.bedrugsmart.ca__._
We are looking for a part-time pharmacy technician for our store in East York, Ontario. There is potential to be full-time in the future.
*Responsibilities for Pharmacy Technician*
· Read and interpret physician's medication orders
· Aid in filling, processing, and dispensing medications
· Re-package and label medications
· Adhere to safety practices in order to ensure quality care for patients
· Help maintain the drug inventory through inventory control practices
· Provide customer service by answering phone calls in a prompt and courteous manner
· Triage requests and prioritize them
· Check for expiration dates on medications on a regular basis
*Qualifications for Pharmacy Technician*
· A minimum of 2-3 years of pharmacy technician or assistant experience
· Graduate of an approved Pharmacy Technician Program
· Pharmacy technician license in the province you are working in
· Proficiency in the Kroll Computer software
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral
· Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
· Effective computer and keyboarding skills
· Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and email systems are an asset
· Strong prioritization skills and an ability to make decisions independently and effectively
· Able to operate equipment such as computers, scan guns, tablet counters, and cash registers
· Familiarity with pharmacy practice settings, legal requirements and limitations, prescription information and calculations, drug identification and generic equivalents, drug manufacturing, packaging and labeling information, and proper drug handling and storage practices
· Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
· Ability to multitask.
· Comfortable working in a very fast paced environment
· Be a part of a great team environment!
Job Type: Part-time
* Store discount
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
- LocationEast York, ON
- SalaryNot available
- Terms of employment
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content.