Posted on September 16, 2022
Albion Marine Solutions Ltd
Marine Engineer Mechanic
Albion Marine is a project management and engineering company. The company specializes in retrofits, upgrades and vessel operation support activities.
We are looking to hire a Marine Engineer Mechanic.
The Marine Engineer Mechanic performs maintenance and repairs on the vessels calling port as ensuring ships are appropriately maintained in seaworthy condition.
Duties and Accountabilities
* Responds to troubleshooting requests.
* Visits the vessel onsite to inspect and repair the issue.
* Performs repair inspections and determines repair solutions, including scope, method, budget and timing of repair. The repair includes engines, pumps, compressors and other machinery, as well as mechanical devices and systems.
* Ensures work is performed in accordance with the company?s safety policy, and all applicable rules and regulations adhere to.
* Performs additional duties as required.
* Bachelor Degree.
* Preferably Marine Engineer, Heavy Duty Mechanic or Millwright Certificate.
* Preferably registration with EG BC or Certification by Transport Canada
* Minimum 3 years of hands-on mechanical maintenance and repair experience. Experience working as an onboard Engineer preferred.
* Valid class 5 driver?s licence. Passport, vaccination and ability to travel across Canada and USA.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
*Knowledge of marine emergency procedures and other applicable regulations.*
* Mechanical, hydraulics, and electrical trades skills. Knowledge of steel working and welding is an asset.
* Ability to balance priorities and needs with available resources.
* Organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
* Interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50.00-$58.00 per hour
* Dental care
* Extended health care
* Paid time off
* Vision care
* 10 hour shift
* On call
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Delta, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
* USA visa or Canadian passport are required
* AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
* 75% (required)
Work Location: One location
- LocationDelta, BC
- Salary$50.00 to $58.00HOUR hourly
- Terms of employment
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content.