Title posted on indeed.com -
Posted on November 18, 2022
*Job Title : Computational Biologist*
*Location : Mississauga, ON (Initially Remote)*
*Duration : 12 Months*
We seek a highly motivated Scientist within Oncology Biomarker Development (OBD) Data Science to support biomarker and diagnostic development efforts focusing on Genentech's Oncology pipeline. The incumbent will apply advanced bioinformatics and data analysis skills in collaboration with a group of biomarker scientists to execute on strategies for prognostic, predictive and pharmacodynamic biomarkers, and companion diagnostic tests for clinical development programs. The incumbent will also apply these methods to characterize mechanisms of response and resistance to pipeline molecules, and inform novel research activities.
For this particular position, we are seeking an innovative and productive Ph.D.-level scientist, preferentially with at least two years of post-doctoral experience in academic or industrial settings, and a consistent and outstanding record of creativity and performance in cancer biology and bioinformatics, evidenced by peer reviewed publications in top tier journals or patent applications. The successful candidate will be proficient in data analysis, integration, and visualization across diverse -omics platform types, and have a strong track-record of contributing to and driving relevant genomic research. The successful candidate is expected to effectively interact with cross functional teams; analyze data supporting innovative clinical development programs and publications focused on biomarker or disease research; interact with key collaborators and investigators; and promote collaborative efforts to advance biomarker sciences.
PhD in a relevant field (e.g., molecular biology, cancer biology, immunology, genomics, or bioinformatics). Postdoctoral experience in Computational Biology / Bioinformatics strongly preferred.
Master?s Degree in Bioinformatics / Computational Biology may be considered if extensive experience in cancer genomics and/or cancer immunotherapy research.
· Strong computational and analytical skills, including high level of proficiency in scientific programming (R language and Bioconductor packages preferred) and familiarity with Unix environments
· Experience with analysis of high throughput NGS data including RNA-sequence data and/or DNA Sequence data (WES/WGS/ctDNA)
· Experience with integrating genomic and clinical data to identify associations with outcomes
· Familiarity with public genomic databases such as TCGA, COSMIC, etc...
· Good data science practice and understanding of data complexity
· Good understanding of cancer and/or immunotherapy and an interest to learn more.
· Excellent communication, advanced English reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
*Preferred Skills and Experience*
· Experience with integration of multimodal genomics data
· Experience with AI/ML methods
· Experience analyzing liquid biopsy data (ctDNA, etc)
· Experience analyzing single-cell transcriptomics data
· Experience analyzing spatial transcriptomics data
Job Types: Permanent, Casual
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
* Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- LocationMississauga, ON
- SalaryNot available
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content.