tool and die maker
Posted on November 07, 2022
Tri-Star Metal Stampings Inc.
Two Positions are available in either the day or night shift or possible rotational shift work. Primarily responsible for assisting in the tooling process as assigned, performing all the general functions of a Tool & Die Maker as listed below, while meeting the established customer requirements. This includes building, modifying, repairing, and trouble shooting dies, tools, jigs and fixtures while working to very close tolerances from blueprints, sketches and samples.
* Performs tool repair using personal tools and metal cutting machines and tools provided by the company based on direction from the Tool Room Manager using the provided stamping tool designs.
* Documents all the die/tooling suggestions and reports them to the Tool Room Manager to adjust in design.
* Brings the tool to the stage of tryout and, along with the tryout leader, commence the in-die press tryout process.
* Effectively communicates with all company personnel to function as a team player along with their apprentices.
* Completes anything that is required to support stamping production.
* Follows all company Health & Safety procedures.
* Seeks opportunities for Continuous Improvement.
* Trains new apprentices in the metal cutting and stamping die construction and assembly.
* Perform any other duties, as required.
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
* Tool and Die Certification (Preferred)
*Skills & Knowledge Requirements*
· Several years? experience building, servicing, and improving stamping dies in an automotive production environment
· Good understanding of Algebra and Geometry
· Ability to read and understand the product and tooling blueprints and GD&T
· Able to work in press making die adjustments to achieve an in-spec part
· Able to operate Tool Room equipment (lathe, grinding machine, milling machine, etc.) effectively and safely
* Working 40 Hours (4 days of 10 hours)
* Overtime as required (time and a half after 40 hrs)
* Day or afternoon shift available
* Plant Environment
* Exposure to loud noise (ear plugs provided)
Tri-Star Metal Stampings Inc. is an employment equity employer and invites candidacies from women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. Should you require accommodation for your interview please notify us as soon as possible. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$42.00 per hour
* Casual dress
* Dental care
* Disability insurance
* Extended health care
* Life insurance
* On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
* English not required
* French not required
* 10 hour shift
* Day shift
* Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
* Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Newmarket, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
* Tool and Die: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
- LocationNewmarket, ON
- Salary$25.00 to $42.00HOUR hourly
- Terms of employment
Permanent employmentFull time
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content.