Title posted on indeed.com -
Posted on January 25, 2023
Element Forensic Engineering
Forensic Engineering, as an industry, is designed to rely on scientific principles to investigate all types of failures impacting service, people, and business production, from minor to catastrophic.
Element Forensic Engineering (EFE) provides the opportunity for associates to utilize and expand their technical and non-technical skills in a fast-paced environment, filled with challenging projects.
EFE is currently offering an immediate opportunity for a Draftsman/Field Technician.
· Investigate the extent of damage to buildings within residential, commercial, and industrial sites that have been damaged by various events such as fire, wind, water, vehicle impact as well as previous renovations.
· Obtain architectural and structural measurements and prepare rough sketches while on site.
· Liaise with home or building owners as well as contractors or other clients to communicate investigative findings and collect relevant information to facilitate the smooth execution of project completion.
· Research failure modes and code requirements as required. Prepare all necessary reporting and permit drawing generation outlining all restoration/renovation work.
· Structural design and drafting of detailed drawings for restoration of damaged structures using sketches obtained on-site using Autodesk Revit.
· Review and provide feedback on drawings created by other drafters to ensure quality and consistency.
· Manages/works with multi-disciplinary teams on large and complex assignments.
· Work with team members and manage time to consistently meet strict deadlines.
· BCIN, college diploma or university degree in civil/structural engineering.
· 2+ years structural design experience in wood frame construction.
· Construction/site experience in wood frame construction - On site/hands on residential/commercial construction experience an asset.
· Familiarity with CAD software ? *strong* experience with REVIT is an asset.
· Familiarity with Part 9 of the OBC ? thorough knowledge of the OBC, Building Code Act and other applicable legislation/construction standards an asset.
· Possess and be able to maintain a valid Ontario Class "G" Driver's License and access to a properly insured vehicle.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
* On-site parking
* Monday to Friday
* Do you have your BCIN, college diploma or university degree in civil/structural engineering?
* How familiar are you with Part 9 of the OBC?
* How familiar are you with CAD software?
* AutoCAD: 1 year (preferred)
* structural design experience in wood frame construction: 2 years (required)
* construction/site experience in wood frame construction: 1 year (required)
* drafting: 2 years (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-02-08
Terms of employment
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content.