Posted on January 22, 2023
Centreville Amusement Park
William Beasley Enterprises Limited operates Far Enough Farm on Centre Island. The farm supervisor will be in charge of the daily operations within the farm. The ideal candidate will ensure that all animals are fed, watered, groomed, and have the care and safety that they need. You will ensure employees are trained, weekly schedules are made and ensure that visitors to the farm follow safety guidelines. The supervisor will have large and small animal experience, customer service skills and supervisory experience. Training will be provided if hired. William Beasley Enterprises limited provides all employees with a ferry card to travel to and from work. This is a full-time seasonal position from April to October.
* Basic daily care of all types of animals, such as but not limited to ponies, sheep, goats, birds, pigs etc.
* Ability to recognize and document when or if an animals are sick.
* Ability to take temperatures, treat wounds and administer meds to all animals if needed.
* Feed all animals on specific feeding schedule.
* Keep and maintain upkeep of farm which would include, general maintenance such as painting, fixing fences, cleaning sweeping
* Ensure farm is open and closed during specified times
* Ensure all employees are trained
* Formulate employee weekly schedule
* Interact and engage with guests through educational knowledge of animals
* Keep track and maintain of feed and hay and assisting with delivery
* Other duties may be assigned
* At least 3 years of animal experience
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to be patient and adaptable to changes
* Supervisory experience
* Ability to stand and bend for long periods of time
* Ability to lift 50lbs
* Excellent customer service skills
* G class license is an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 7 months
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-04-17
Terms of employment
- Start date
Starts as soon as possible
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by a partner site. Job Bank is not responsible for this content.