Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Additional Skills
- Supervise apprentices/students in training; Maintain and order supplies; Book appointments
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
- Hairstylist Specific Skills
- Clean and style wigs and hair pieces; Suggest hair style compatible with client's physical features or determine style from client's instructions and preferences; Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair; Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair; Apply hair extensions; Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
- Other Benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply for this job?
Only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your job application.