Job description Chairman/woman - Financial, Communications And Other Business Services near Toronto (ON)
Find out what work is like for a chairman/woman - financial, communications and other business services in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Senior managers - financial, communications and other business services (NOC 0013).
Senior managers - financial, communications and other business services
Senior managers in financial, communications and other business services are usually appointed by a board of directors, to which they report. They work either alone or in conjunction with the board of directors to develop and establish objectives for the company, and to develop or approve policies and programs. They plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, the operations of their organization in relation to established objectives. They work in establishments throughout the telecommunications, finance, insurance, real estate, and data processing, hosting and related services industries as well as other business service industries or they may own and operate their own business.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Determine the company's mission and strategic direction as conveyed through policies and concrete objectives which are met through the effective management of human, financial and material resources
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall human resources planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff; delegate the necessary authority to them and create optimum working conditions
- Represent the organization, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization, in negotiations or other official functions.
- Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing or human resources or in a particular service area.
- president, advertising agency
- bank president
- chief executive officer (CEO) - telephone company
- chief operating officer - engineering firm
- president, computing service company
- executive director, credit union
- executive vice-president - real estate agency
- general manager - real estate management company
- regional vice-president, trust company
- vice-president, human resources - bank
- vice-president, marketing - clerical staff services
- vice-president, operations - satellite communication services
- chief financial officer (CFO) - advertising agency
- president and chief executive officer - financial, communications and other business services
- Date modified: