Job description Administrative Officer in the London Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "administrative officer" was moved from the group Administrative officers (NOC 1221) to the group Administrative officers (NOC 13100).
Find out what work is like for an administrative officer in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Administrative officers (NOC 13100).
Administrative officers oversee and implement administrative procedures, establish work priorities, conduct analyses of administrative operations and coordinate acquisition of administrative services such as office space, supplies and security services. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors. Administrative officers who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
- Oversee and coordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures
- Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
- Carry out administrative activities associated with admissions to post-secondary educational institutions
- Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation
- Coordinate and plan for office services, such as accommodation, relocations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
- Conduct analyses and oversee administrative operations related to budgeting, contracting and project planning and management processes
- Assist in preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
- May supervise records management technicians and related staff.
- access to information and privacy officer
- administrative officer
- administrative services coordinator
- forms management officer
- office administrator
- office manager
- office services coordinator
- planning officer
- records analyst - access to information
- surplus assets officer
- university admissions officer
- Date modified: