Job description Conference And Meeting Planner in the London Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "conference and meeting planner" was moved from the group Conference and event planners (NOC 1226) to the group Conference and event planners (NOC 12103).
Find out what work is like for a conference and meeting planner in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Conference and event planners (NOC 12103).
Conference and event planners
Conference and event planners plan, organize and coordinate conferences, conventions, meetings, seminars, exhibitions, trade shows, festivals and other events. They are employed by tourism associations, trade and professional associations, convention and conference centres, governments and by conference and event planning companies, or they may be self-employed.
- Meet with trade and professional associations and other groups to promote and discuss conference, convention and trade show services
- Meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan the scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets and to review administrative procedures and progress of events
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, conference and other facilities, catering, signage, displays, translation, special needs requirements, audio-visual equipment, printing and security
- Organize registration of participants, prepare programs and promotional material, and publicize events
- Plan entertainment and social gatherings for participants
- Hire, train and supervise support staff required for events
- Ensure compliance with required by-laws
- Negotiate contracts for services, approve suppliers' invoices, maintain financial records, review final billing submitted to clients for events and prepare reports.
- conference and meeting planner
- conference planner
- conference services officer
- convention coordinator
- event planner
- festival organizer
- meeting planner
- special events organizer
- trade show planner
- Administrative officers
- Sales and account representatives - wholesale trade (non-technical)
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- Executive assistants
- Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
- Date modified: