Job description Animal Groomer (except Horses) near Lévis (QC)
Find out what work is like for an animal groomer (except horses) in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Pet groomers and animal care workers (NOC 6563).
Pet groomers and animal care workers
Animal care workers feed, handle, train and groom animals and assist veterinarians, animal health technologists and technicians and animal breeders. Pet groomers clip coats, bathe and otherwise groom pets. Workers in this group are employed by animal hospitals and clinics, animal shelters, breeding and boarding kennels, zoos, laboratories, retail pet shops, dog training schools, pet grooming establishments, or may be self-employed.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Prepare food and feed animals, fish or birds at scheduled intervals
- Clean and disinfect cages, pens and surrounding areas
- Shampoo, clip and groom animals
- Assist veterinarians and animal health technologists and technicians to inoculate and treat animals
- Assist animal breeders to handle and nurture animals
- Assist scientists and researchers in conducting laboratory tests with animals
- Monitor and document animal behaviour
- Train dogs to obey commands and perform specific duties in response to signals.
- animal care worker (except farm)
- laboratory animal attendant
- zoo attendant
- veterinary attendant
- dog groomer
- dog trainer
- pet groomer
- kennel attendant
- pound attendant
- Biologists and related scientists
- Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians
- Other trades and related occupations, n.e.c.
- General farm workers
- Date modified: