Job description Animal Control Trapper in Nunavut
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "animal control trapper" was moved from the group Pest controllers and fumigators (NOC 7444) to the group Pest controllers and fumigators (NOC 73202).
Find out what work is like for an animal control trapper in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Pest controllers and fumigators (NOC 73202).
Pest controllers and fumigators
Pest controllers and fumigators inspect buildings and outside areas for pest infestation and spray chemical treatments to kill noxious and destructive insects, rodents and other pests or set cage traps to capture and remove animals. They are employed by pest control companies, or they may be self-employed.
- Inspect buildings and outside areas at regular intervals or at specific request of property owner to detect signs of infestation
- Determine type of treatment required and provide estimate of costs to clients
- Prepare and spray chemical mixture on infested areas using mechanical or electric sprayer to kill insects, rodents and other pests
- Fumigate households
- Place and set traps to capture and remove animals, such as skunks or raccoons
- Install animal control barriers such as needle strips, netting and other devices to keep animals off property
- Clean out areas that harbour pests using rakes, shovels, brooms or mops
- Advise clients on how to prevent pest infestation.
- animal control trapper
- pest control operator
- pest control service representative
- pest control technician
- pest controller
- pest exterminator
- pest fumigator
- Date modified: