Job description Labourer - Mineral And Metal Processing near Sudbury (ON)
Find out what work is like for a labourer - mineral and metal processing in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Labourers in mineral and metal processing (NOC 9611).
Labourers in mineral and metal processing
Labourers in mineral and metal processing perform material handling, clean-up, packaging and other elemental activities related to mineral ore and metal processing. They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries, cement processing plants, clay, glass and stone processing plants and foundries.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Transport raw materials, finished products, scrap and recyclable materials throughout plant manually or using forklift or other powered equipment
- Feed conveyors, crushers and other equipment; open valves and start pumps; skim dross from furnaces; sort, stack, bundle and stamp materials; and perform other activities to assist process and machine operators in mineral ore and metal processing
- Clean work areas and equipment
- May assist with minor repairs and maintenance.
- salt screening labourer
- glass packer
- brick and tile kiln cleaner
- metal pourer helper
- rolling mill worker - primary metal processing
- tailings disposal labourer - primary metal processing
- asbestos worker - mineral processing
- core shop labourer - foundry
- extrusion helper - primary metal processing
- lime kiln operator helper - mineral products processing
- furnace loader - primary metal and mineral products processing
- helper, fibreglass oven charger
- Date modified: