Job description Cleaning Supervisor in Yukon
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "cleaning supervisor" was moved from the group Cleaning supervisors (NOC 6315) to the group Cleaning supervisors (NOC 62024).
Find out what work is like for a cleaning supervisor in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Cleaning supervisors (NOC 62024).
Cleaning supervisors supervise and coordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Light duty cleaners (65.310), Specialized cleaners (65.311), and Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents (73.201). They are employed by hospitals and other health care institutions, hotels, motels, schools and other educational institutions, commercial and industrial establishments, home and office cleaning establishments and by various specialized cleaning companies.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of light duty, industrial or specialized cleaners and janitors
- Inspect sites or facilities to ensure established safety and cleanliness standards are met
- Recommend or arrange for additional services required such as painting, repair work, renovations or replacement of furnishings and equipment
- Hire and train cleaning staff
- Prepare work schedule and coordinate activities with those of other departments
- Prepare budget, estimate costs and keep financial records
- Receive payment for specialized cleaning jobs
- May perform certain cleaning duties.
- building cleaning supervisor
- carpet cleaning supervisor
- cleaning supervisor
- head custodian
- housekeeping supervisor
- window washing supervisor
- Executive housekeepers
- Specialized cleaners
- Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers
- Date modified: