Job description Elementary School Teacher's Aide in Ontario
Find out what work is like for an elementary school teacher's aide in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 43100).
Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants
Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants support students, and assist teachers and counsellors with teaching and non-instructional tasks. They assist in areas of personal care, teaching and behaviour management under the supervision of teachers or other child care professionals. They are employed in public and private elementary, secondary and special needs schools and treatment centres.
- Assist students with integration into the classroom and school setting
- Help students individually or in small groups with assignments and reinforce learning and retention concepts under the supervision of the classroom teacher
- Assist students with special needs using techniques such as sign language, braille and remedial programs
- Monitor and report student progress to classroom teacher
- Accompany and supervise students during activities in school gymnasiums, laboratories, libraries, resource centres and on field trips
- May assist teacher in the operation of projectors, tape recorders and other audio-visual or electronic equipment
- May assist in school library or office and perform other duties assigned by the school principal
- May monitor students during recess, at noon hour or during the day.
- educational assistant
- educational resources assistant
- homework assistant
- remedial education aide
- special education assistant
- Early childhood educators and assistants
- Instructors of persons with disabilities
- Post-secondary teaching and research assistants
- Student monitors, crossing guards and related occupations
- Elementary school and kindergarten teachers
- Date modified: