Job description Industrial Electrician in Northwest Territories
Find out what work is like for an industrial electrician in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Industrial electricians (NOC 7242).
Industrial electricians install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls. They are employed by electrical contractors and maintenance departments of factories, plants, mines, shipyards and other industrial establishments.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- industrial electrician apprentice
- industrial electrician
- plant maintenance electrician
- electrician, shipyard
- marine electrician
- mill electrician
- mine electrician
- plant electrician
- Power system electricians
- Electricians (except industrial and power system)
- Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
- Date modified: