Job description Cabinetmaker near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what work is like for a cabinetmaker in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Cabinetmakers (NOC 72311).
Cabinetmakers use a variety of woods and laminates to construct and repair wooden cabinets, furniture, fixtures and related products. They are employed by furniture manufacturing or repair companies, construction companies and cabinetmaking contractors, or they may be self-employed. Apprentices are also included in this unit group.
- Study plans, specifications or drawings of articles to be made, or prepare specifications
- Mark outlines or dimensions of parts on wood
- Operate woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointers, mortisers and shapers, and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components
- Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit using glue and clamps and reinforce joints using nails, screws or other fasteners
- Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products
- Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures and related products
- May estimate amount, type and cost of materials required.
- cabinetmaker apprentice
- custom wood furniture maker
- furniture cabinetmaker
- Date modified: